Sunday, February 20, 2005

Laundry List

I suffer from infrequent but regular insomnia. And for whatever reason, all of the demonic cherries have lined up tonight in my slot-machine brain, and I am still awake at 6am.

Teaching has been taking a toll on me physically. I don't sleep enough, I don't eat particularly well, I feel chronically behind in everything. I am behind in everything, too.

The good news is that this is a vacation week, and Darin and Jessica are coming to visit. Emily is getting her wisdom teeth out.

Spring training has started. As an A's fan, I am not overly optimistic.

Tony Hoagland's promised book of poetry on prose never materialized. I lost my nice A's beanie. Kurt Vonnegut isn't writing anymore.

The Counting Crows, Coldplay, and Guster are all overdue for new albums.

February. Cold in New York. Construction-Orange gates adorning Central Park.

I've been drawing a lot with crayons. Good stuff, too. I was always too impatient to be any good as an artist when I was little. I think that I am still too impatient, but I've gotten much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home