Saturday, April 22, 2006

On being back from Asia...


Mt. Diablo
Originally uploaded by Mike Rettberg.
The transition from summer in Laos to late-winter in the Bay was painfully abrupt. Seeing everyone has been fantastic, but the missing sun has wreaked havoc in our brains.

Fortunately, the sun is beginning to reassert itself as the flowers in Tom and Heidi's garden can attest (there are some incredible shots of their garden on the flickr page...click on Mt. Diablo to see them).

Em is working part-time for a non-profit called Sailing Education Adventures (www.sailsea.org) out at Fort Mason in SF, which has an incredible view of the Golden Gate Bridge. I am working part-time for a non-profit called Oakland Small Schools Foundation (www.smallschoolsfoundation.org) and working on finding a teaching job for the fall. This week I was officially offered one, which is exciting, particularly because I have been very active about the job search (I had 7 or 8 interviews the past week alone).

We are likely moving into an apartment in San Francisco in the very near future.

Other than that, baseball season has begun and who isn't happy about that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home