Goodbye Madurai!
Well, I clearly have not fixed the glitch in the blog, which is quite disappointing. From here out, you will be receiving the posts as email from me. There should be a link to the blog that you can click, and from there you can click the photo to see all the photos. Let me know if you are getting 2 copies of the emails now, or if you don't want to receive them, etc.
Regardless, I have spent some time working on this flickr page, updating captions from Cambodia and finishing up the Sri Lanka set.
I'm writing from Madurai, Tamil Nadu in India. Without question, this is the most dirty place I have ever been. I thought that the South Bronx might have a sleeper-hold on that title, but Madurai licks it hands-down.
We are anxious to leave this place after having said goodbye to Heidi and Tom yesterday morning. People here have been great, and I cannot understand why basic sanitation seems beyond the grasp of this society. I decided that I am not supposed to get it, and Tom concurred.
We head back to the hills, a place called Ooty, and then toward the beaches of Goa. Should be beautiful and a bit more relaxed than Madurai.
Feb 1 we head back to Bangkok to meet up with some college friends to travel through Northern Thailand and Laos (after catching up on some sun on Koh Chang). Hope all is good at home or wherever you happen to be.


2 Comments:
what up Mike and Emily, Just received your postcard from Sri Lanka; or the sri lankan air plane. That's a funny photo of you two behind the "dangerous monkeys" sign. Ha ha, dangerous monkeys. No offense to the monkeys, but I bet I could totally kick their asses. Unless they're talking about silverback gorillas. Also baboons, there dangerous. But, those hot tub monkeys featured during the nagano olympics a few years back or a ringtailed lemur wouldn't stand a chance against these fists of fury. If I had to guess, I could probably beat roughly 70% of the animal kingdom in a steel cage match. Anyway, I don't like to brag. I couldn't find your email addresess in my hotmail address book. Actually I didn't look, but I know that updating that list is a pain in the ass so rather than send it to all eight of the email addresses I have for the two of you I just decided to go straight to the blog source. Also, having had a blog, and knowing how much i enjoyed a comment or two I am glad to contribute. Well, you two, all is well in Colorado, working at the Boulder Bookstore and loving it. I volunteer on occasion with "Intercambio de Comunidades" an organization that teaches english to immigrants (primarily of latino decent). Hasta Luego,
Will
PS. Thanks for the postcard, great to hear from you both. Peace. Will
Post a Comment
<< Home